Your Body Shape
Designing the perfect wedding gown starts with deciding the perfect silhouette for your body type. To do this, you need to understand your body shape. If you are unsure, start by taking your measurements, specifically your bust, waist and hip measurements. Your Consultant can also help you identify your body shape.
- Apple – An apple shape is where there isn’t obvious definition between the waist and hips.
- Pear – This is where your hips are the widest part of your body. You will also have a narrow waist and small bust/shoulders.
- Hourglass – An hourglass shape is where your bust and hips are roughly the same size and your waist is approximately 10 inches smaller.
- Inverted Triangle – With this shape you will have broader shoulders and bust with a smaller waist and hips
- Rectangle – A rectangle shape is where your bust, waist and hips are roughly the same size.
The Magnificent Five
Once you have identified your body shape, you can choose a dress silhouette that flatters your shape most effectively. There are many types of gown shapes, but most will be a variation of one of the below five styles. Straps, sleeves, neckline and skirt length should also be considered as they can alter the overall illusion of your shape. Your Consultant will be able to advise you on this.
Body Shape and Silhouette
The below table shows which silhouette suits which body shape. If you have any questions, please ask your Consultant.